Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thinking of you

Can you believe it is January 2011?  I tell you, I am so glad to be done with December!  This year December was such a difficult month for our family.  My brother was scheduled for surgery on December 3rd and my mom was scheduled on December 10th.  I had taken the day off work to be with my brother's wife while he was in surgery. My sister had come down from Washington so we could go together.  Well, I ended up having emergency surgery myself on December 3rd at the same time as my brother.  I have spent the rest of December trying to get back to myself.  Because I wasn't feeling well, I never got my cards made to send to my brother and mom.  So today I have finally taken the time to make cards for both of them.  I have been wanting to ink up Nurse Nora for some time.  What I didn't realize was that in my monstrous stash of stamps and sentiments I couldn't find the perfect one to go with her, so I simply put the truth, "I'm Thinking of You".
This first one is for my brother. I tried to keep it simple, not too many embellishments as he is a guy after all!
These papers are from a Making Memories 6X6 paper pad. The copics I used are pictured here.

And for my mom's card I used the same image but some fun Basic Grey papers from another 6X6 paper pad.
The larger flowers are from Recollections and the smaller are from the all that scraps store mini Magnolia roses.
I used some Martha Stewart glitter on both pixies wings and earrings.  And the Copics used are pictured here.
I almost had a disaster on this last image. Have you ever had 2 colors open and put the wrong cap on the wrong marker. I had put the E-93 and E-000 caps on wrong and started to color her face with the E-93 which I use for her blush.  Had to work a bit to get that one fixed!!!
I was coloring these images and just couldn't figure out how to make her apron appear white with a little depth so I googled her and I came up with an awesome Youtube tutorial on coloring her here. And what is awesome is that this is AmyR from AmyR stamps!!!  How fun is that!!!  
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Wish I could put on a pot of coffee and share a cup!! May you all have a Blessed New Year and may this New Year bring everyone much health and happiness!!!



4 comments:

Dana said...

You crack me up.. I still swear we are cut from the same cloth!! I had the exact same reaction when I found out Amy R was the same lady I had been following on youtube!! I love her videos!! She's soooo good at it!! So relaxed and informative!
Your Nurse Nora's are gorgeous!! Both of them!!
Hugs~
Dana

Anita said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I haven't been around to blogs much lately, so I didn't realize you had surgery. Big hugs to you!!!

Trina said...

Bren, I hope you're feeling better. These cards are great - as usual! Happy new year!

Karyn S said...

what sweet cards - gorgeous colouring. I hope you have recovered following your surgery. I also hope you mother and brother are doing well also. Happy new year!!!