Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Guylou's Inimitability Challenge

Welcome to another Guylou's Inimitability challenge.  
Valentine's Day is coming quickly.  I have wonderful memories of Valentines Day.  My dad would always bring home a big Heart of chocolates to my mom and a smaller heart for each of us kids.  I have some really wonderful memories of my childhood with this holiday.  I always loved making and giving valentines.  It was not often that we bought boxed cards to give out.  I remember making cards with paper doilies and glitter and glue.  I still love to make Valentines.  In fact, I prefer making valentines over any other cards.  Maybe part of that is the colors, reds, and pinks are my favorite to play with.  Today there are so many amazing paper choices out there.  I have bought Bo Bunny and American Crafts, and I have left overs from Cosmic Cricket and AMM.  Love them all!!!  
When I think of Valentines Day I think of Cupids.  Usually they are little bare babies holding arrows.  Guylou's store has a gorgeous new Cupid that she provided to her design team to make Valentine Cards with.  Here is my card!
What do you think?  Isn't she gorgeous!!!  The cream rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The paper is from American Crafts.  I didn't get a pic of my copics, but the Reds used are the R-27,24,22,21.  The strip of red paper with hearts is Bo Bunny.
I sure hope that you will play along with this challenge.  It is pretty easy to enter, the rules are on G's blog.
If you don't have an image, head on over to the store and purchase your own, or if you would like to join us at CDAC there is a new freebie for hitting 300.  There is also a freebie on G's site for joining.  See no reason at all not to join the challenge!!  
And as always, thanks for stopping by.  I love visitors!!
I worked hard on the inside and forgot to show it!!  So here it is!!


12 comments:

Two Dogs and a Book said...

What a great memory you have of your dad!! He is a romantic and definitely a sweet dad!!
Your card is gorgeous! Those papers are so beautiful and the flowers perfect!! Marvelous work!
Cheers!
Guylou

Sara I. said...

I loved your story about your father and growing up making valentines. I remember those same hearts and we used to get those too as kids! Your card is just amazing. I love the little roses and the way you did the sentiment. The papers are to die for and your coloring is impeccable.

Unknown said...

I love this image and what a sweet one for Valentines Day!! Love your designing and coloring!

hilde janbroers said...

love your card!!

Kim Kelley said...

Love the card Bren...really love the paper. Gives it just a touch of nostalgia. Wonderful story from your childhood.

Jeanette said...

Such a sweet story and a sweet card! I love this image and the gorgeous color scheme you have used!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

Tracy S said...

Gorgeous card girl! Love the red and soft browns together. Also love LOVE that punch you used for the inside of the card. You always decorate the insides so pretty.

cebelica said...

What a lovely card! The cupid image is adorable and those flowers are very beautiful.

It's nice that Valentine's day brings out good memories to you. It's so sweet of your dad to give you all a little something on Valentine's day to show you how much you mean to him.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. Brenda this is a great card.
i love how you colored the wings in that soft brown yellow and the darker brown hair.
great inside deco too
hugs
Claudia

Carmen said...

Your card is amazing! Love how you did the inside.

dale said...

Well Bren, You have done it again. You rocked this challenge. Gorgeous card. I think you missed your calling.

Charlene said...

Brenda...thanks for sharing your wonderful memories of Valentine's Day. Your card is fabulous...I love the wonderful dp that you used and those little flowers are gorgeous.