Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LOTV birthday card

So last Friday was my grandson Gunner's 2nd birthday.  How does Grammy celebrate it?  Why by having another surgery and skipping his party of course!!!  Thank goodness I dropped in on his party with all his friends from church!  It is not everyday you turn 2.  I ordered some stamps from Lily of the Valley earlier this month.  I have been hopping through blogland a lot lately!!  2 surgeries in 2 months will do that to you.  So in blogland I have been seeing so many CUTE cards made with these stamps from LOTV and I finally ordered some.  I was a little hesitant ordering from the UK, but am so glad I jumped in and bought from them.  The shipping was so fast!!  Anyways, I bought this little cutie specifically because I don't have much in the way of boy stamps.  I made a really simple card.  Not a lot to it.  A 2 year old boy will just pull it apart anyways right?
I guess you can call this a clean and simple card.  I also used my cuttlebug and embossing folder.  The colors were pretty simple.  I used my favorite jean colors: B-97,95,93,91 and greens YG-05,03,01,00 and for his hair E-11,13,17.  Skin colors E-000,00,01.  The box uses E-53,51,50.
And a picture of my 5 grandbabies with Gunner the birthday boy in the center. I call this one "Center of Attention!"

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am entering this at the raise the bar challenge it is "oh to be a kid again".  I am also entering it into the challenge over at The sisterhood of crafters the challenge is a birthday theme.

10 comments:

Jane H said...

Bren this card is fabulous and happy b-day to your grandbaby!

Trina said...

Oh goodness! The two sitting next to Gunner look so upset! It's too cute! Adorable grandkids, Brenda!

hilde janbroers said...

sweet card..:-)

Grace said...

Hi Brenda! Oh goodness what an adorable image! You did an awesome job coloring it! Good to know the shipping was so fast too! Your grandbabies are precious and I see your point about Gunner! What a great pic!!! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I am having a GREAT day!
hugs,
Grace

Kim Kelley said...

What an adorable card and what an adorable little boy. Sorry you had to miss the regular party!

Darlene said...

Looks like the PERFECT card for the "birthday boy" ... in fact, HE could have been the subject for this image!! What a cute photo ... you must be SO PROUD!!
Thanks so much for joining our Birthday Challenge at The Sisterhood! We hope you'll join us again next challenge.

Tracy S said...

I somehow missed this.. How stinkin cute! Love the image and how you colored it. Perfect embossing folder for it to.

dale said...

Love it. Love the image and that it is simple and not overpowered with embellies.etc. Thanks for sharing your babies too!

Craftdee said...

Great boy's card, Brenda. I am so jealous of your beautiful grandbabies - I'm still waiting, and my son is 30 in Feb!! I'm off to look at the rest of your latest stuff, Dee

TannyP said...

What a cutie - both the image and the birthday boy! I also like the embossing folder you chose to pair with it. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Crafters Birthday Challenge!