Sunday, January 2, 2011

Retirement

Tomorrow a dear friend, neighbor, and my husband Gene's hunting buddy retires.  In his spare time, when he is not hunting, he is fishing.  We are going to have a little neighborhood retirement get together tomorrow night with dessert.  Mmmmmm.  I wanted to make him a card from Gene and I and I thought this image from digi doodle shop would be perfect for his card. I actually bought this image to do a card for my dad as I have a picture of him that looks just like this image, beard and all.  And isn't it nice that the challenge over at Digi Doodle is anything goes.

Don't you just love that sentiment? I thought it was perfect for a retirement card.  I used one of Martha Stewarts around the page punches and the trees and sentiment are from CTMH.  Here is a pic of the many, many copics I used to color the scene. 

 One more thing, Digi Doodle Shop has all their images 50% off until January 15th.
I also added this to the Anything goes challenge at http://madformarkerschallenges.blogspot.com/2011/01/happy-new-year-to-all.html
Thanks for stopping by my blog.  

9 comments:

Sara I. said...

Happy New Year Bren!!! Wonderful card - sentiment is perfect and I love the punched mount! I think he's going to love it and hope you have fun at the shindig :)

Dana said...

Wow!!! You did a fantastic job with this!! I mean, really WOW!! That little button, sentiment and trees are just perfect!! I am here as your friend first and I am thrilled that you used one of our images and entered our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!!
Hugs!!
Dana x

Unknown said...

Wow, ho wbeautiful is that image!!
It's a beaut card!!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful!!! wonderfully designed & colored!!
Blessings!

Kelvin & Melissa said...

This is great. I am sure the recipient will just love it.
Thanks for joining in at Mad for Markers

Craftdee said...

Great card, fab image and beautiful colouring - as always. I love that sentiment and may just have to "borrow" it :-) Dee

Tracy S said...

This is amazing! LOVE how you colored it... just stunning. I totally remember you showing us this pic of your dad. How cool that there is a digi stamp sooo similar. Perfect!

Julie said...

Great colors and coloring. Perfect masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
Hugs,
Julie

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card!!

Thanks for entering in our Mad for Markers Anything Goes challenge!

Sammi
xx