Sunday, April 17, 2011

Memory Board

We lost my mother-in-law on March 19th after a battle with Alzheimers.  She was a beautiful lady.  Barbara had lost her beloved husband 25 years earlier to cancer.  Gene and I were dating at the time of his death.  I was privileged to make her memory board for the memorial service on the 9th of this month.  While preparing it I googled the net for ideas and didn't find many so I thought I would share mine.
I tried to section it for all of the roles that Barbara played in our lives.  Starting with daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother, and friend.

Barbara's favorite color was purple, so I matted all with purple, black and white.


The picture above We remember is my husband, myself, and Barbara about 4 months ago.  We had taken her for a drive and then to our youngest daughters new house. My daughter Dani is a photographer and took some pictures that day.  I am so glad she did. 


It was good to use my Cricut again.  I think it has been feeling left out!!  Thanks for stopping by my blog! And for letting me share with you.  It is sad to see how a disease can change someone in such little time.  

7 comments:

Diana Joy said...

Beautiful job and loving thing to do. tfs. So sorry for your loss.

Dana said...

You did a marvelous job!! You should be proud and I am sure everyone loved it!
Hugs~
Dana

Anonymous said...

Brenda I'm so sorry about your Mother-in-law but she'd be very pleased at the beautiful job you did on this. Hugs, Lori m

Craftdee said...

Brenda, you can see respect and love of family in this beautiful memorial piece; I'm sure all the family is very pleased to have it as a way to remember their mother/grandmother as she was before Alzheimers took her away, thanks for sharing, Dee

Kim Kelley said...

Beautiful work Bren. I know everyone loved it. Thank you for sharing it with us all! HUGS!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is such a lovely tribute.

Anonymous said...

I am attempting to do something similar for my mother in law wjonloat her battle with Alzheimer's.. you did a beautiful job.. hope I can do as nice of board as you