Sunday, May 22, 2011

Some Odd Girl Make a Scene Challenge

I have fallen in love with these stamps over at Some Odd Girl.  I can't help myself.  The first time I saw one I was hooked.  And then when I won one in a hop, well that did it!!  I recently received 3 more stamps in the mail and I had to ink them up!  You know how that is.  I also got my Harbor Freight Air Compressor in the mail this week.  Just in time to use for this weeks challenge.  It is to Make a Scene.  I know this is a pretty simple scene but I wanted to try out the compressor with a little air brushing.
I cut some clouds out, then air brushed around them with BG000 and BG0000.  I then used some greys to highlight the lower part of the clouds.  I used a little twine for the balloon string.  The paper in the background is from My Mind's Eye. I know, you are all surprised!!  This stamp is Balloon Kaylee.  Isn't she darling?  The balloon has glossy accents on it, but is not photographing that well.
And of course a pic of the Copics used for this card:
I pulled all these colors from that gorgeous paper!

I am adding this card to the challenge over at Wee Memories, the challenge is to stamp it. I used the acrylic stamp for this image.  

As always, thanks for stopping by my blog.  I love visitors!!

12 comments:

Lori m said...

Too cute, I can see why you love them adorable stamp.

Hugs, Lori m

Patricia said...

super cute card i love it =P

Craftdee said...

This is really cute, Brenda....because of YOU I'm now poring over Some Odd Girl Stamps!! They are SO cute, I love your airbrushing (I never use my airbrush for cards, only for sugar flowers, I may have to crack it out, lol) Dee

Amy said...

Love love LOVE this Brenda!!! SO cute and fabulous!!!

Kim Kelley said...

WOW Bren...love it...I have the air compressor from copic but am leary..ok I am scared! Love how you did it.HUGS

Sara I. said...

OMG, first off - I just found these the other day and that are just sooo fabulous its not even funny!! Your clouds are gorgeous and so is your coloring. Awesome papers, too :)

Dana said...

Sorry I didn't post a comment yesterday! I only popped on to check emails because of all the storms we were having! You did an amazing job on your airbrushing! So glad you are enjoying it. Your new odd girl is just adorable and of course your papers and layout are always perfect!!
xx
Dana

Crystal said...

WOOOWEE i just LOVE LOVE the scene you created for this cutie, OMG how ADORABLE!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Cute, Brenda. And great coloring as well. Thank you for joining us at Wee Memories. :)

Sarah Rice said...

super cute! love the lil grass and the bakers twine!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and your airbrushed scene. Thanks for joining us on Some Odd Girl!
Caz
x

Tracy S said...

Wow you go girl with your airbrushing self!! I had no idea you even got one. I feel so out of the derelict loop :(
You did fab with it. and WOW for your first time. Cute card!! LUG