Thursday, May 19, 2011

Brings May Flowers

Last month we had a challenge over at Guylou's Inimitability that was April Showers.  So are you ready for the follow up challenge...........Brings May Flowers?  I am.  Any challenge that lets me add some flowers to my creation is a perfect challenge.  We ask that you use prima type flowers.  Mine are actually from the Recollections line at Michaels.   We also have a color palette for you to use.  Here are your inspiration colors.
I love, love, love these colors!!!  Can I say first of all though, that we are still having showers in Oregon.  Every time I start to complain about the weather I try to remind myself that I am not being flooded out, or wiped away by tornadoes or a tsunami and I am grateful again!!!  I really would though like to have a few days of warmth. :)  I wanted to play again with one of Guylou's newest releases, Leah drinking a cup of Java.  You all know I love my coffee!!  There is nothing like sitting out on the deck on a summer morning with a cup of coffee.
I really just enjoyed coloring up this image.  I played with clouds and grass with this technique for the first time.  You can find this fabulous technique on Dana's Blog.  She has several fabulous tutorials.
I have to say, I really enjoyed using these purples.  Anyone hazard a guess on the papers? Yup, that DP is from My Mind's Eye.  You would think that is all I own!!! The purple paper is Coredinations.
Here is a look at all the Copic Colors I used on this card.
Do you want to see a peak at the inside?  I really haven't done much, just used the flip side of the paper I used on the front.
I hope you will make your way over to the challenge blog and join in with us.  The challenge begins now and ends June 2nd at 10PM EST.  The winner will be awarded 2 digi stamps of your choice and be invited back as a guest design team member in a future challenge.  

As always, I wish I cup put on a pot of coffee and sit and chat with you. Or better yet, color some!!!

I am adding this card to the challenge over at Stampin B's.  The challenge is to create a spring scene. 

12 comments:

Two Dogs and a Book said...

I will have to try that cloud technique... beautiful!! Everything about your card is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for hosting this challenge!!
Cheers!
G

Lau W said...

Oh so nice card Brenda ! This image is so cute and the colouring is superb !
xxx

Sara I. said...

What a beautiful card Bren :)) LOVE the clouds and the grass -fabulous job!!! Her outfit is pretty awesome in those colors too!! The stitching is beautiful and the ribbon is perfect!!

LINDA said...

Such a beautiful card.. darling little image and she is colored perfectly!! Hugs, Linda

Dana said...

Oh wow!! Another amazing (coffee..lol) card!! I love it!! You did an amazing job on your clouds and grass. I am sure it looks even more amazing in person because those blues are somewhat camera shy aren't they? Love the color palette for your challenge this week and you used it brilliantly!! You knock me out time after time!!
Hugs~
Dana

Kim Kelley said...

You did fantastic with your cloud and grass techniques. Love how the image turned out! HUGS

and thank you for your kind words on my blog!

Mary J said...

Gorgeous! I love that cloud technique - so beautiful!

Gina K said...

Bren, your clouds and grass look amazing! I'm going to have to try that now. Every time I see this image, I think of you.

Crystal said...

This is fabulous, LOVE your scene you created!!!!! GORGEOUS creation!

Chana Malkah said...

Such a nice card! Great colors and so clean!! Wonderful detail!!!

Charlene said...

Oh my gosh Brenda...I totally love this card. That little coffee cup embellishment is too cute...so perfect for this card. Will definitely have to check out that tutorial as you have done the sky and clouds to perfection. And this challenge is fab...love the color choices.

pam124 said...

So springlike and adorable image and fantastic colors and coloring. What a breath of fresh air. Thanks for joining in the StampinB challenge this week.
Pam-DT-StampinB