Thursday, November 18, 2010

Elegant Challenge

Elegant Challenge
 
According to the free dictionary. com, the word elegance is defined as:
eleganceelegancy
n pl -gances-gancies
1. dignified grace in appearance, movement, or behaviour
2. good taste in design, style, arrangement, etc.
3. something elegant; a refinement

We are having a challenge over on Guylou's Inimitability Blog.  The Challenge is to make a card with an elegant theme, however you interpret that!!!  You can enter as many cards as you would like, but to be a winner of the Challenge you must use one of Guylou's images.  You don't have one you say?  Well why not?  You can find one at Guylou's store, you can get a freebie over at CDAC, or become a member of Guylou's blog and get a free image.   So what does ELEGANT mean to you?  When I saw what the challenge was and the image to be used, I thought of, little black dress, pearls, heels, makeup, a night out on the town.  Here is the card that I came up with:
Isn't this paper just fabulous?  It is by Graphic 45, En Vogue.  I added some pearls at her neckline and finished with black and white clear flower buttons and a black satin bow.
The copics I used today are:
Skin: E-000,00,02,93
Gloves and Slippers: E-30,31,33
Dress: C-00,01,03,05
Hair: Y-21,23,26
I hope that you will play along, or hop on over and grab a free digi for a future challenge, we would love to have you.  There are some gorgeous cards over there!!!


8 comments:

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Your card screams elegance!!! I love the design and the pp are must have and should be on all the crafter's Christmas list! :)

Outstanding work! Thanks!
Guylou

dale said...

Elegant is right on for your card, girl. You insire me with your creativity.

Dana said...

Wowsers!! You mastered that dress!! Look at those highlights and shadows.. it's fabulous! Your dp is just the perect touch.. but you know me.. my eye goes right to the Copics ; )
Hugs~
Dana

Gina K said...

Girl, this card ROCKS! I love it!

Trina said...

Again, I love that you gave Gertrude some pearls! Everything (paper, colors, sentiment) goes together wonderfully!

Tracy S said...

This card is just perfection, what can I say... I am with Dale.. your creativity always inspires me.

Carmen said...

You made a very nice card Brenda!

Kim Kelley said...

OHHHH love this card. I like how your paper really make Gertrude pop! Your middle name is elegant!