Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday playing and an Odd Girl Challenge

I rarely enter the same challenge more than once, but the challenge over at Some Odd Girl just calls out to me to play more than once.  If I get some time I will be back to play again.  The challenge is to lift one of the Odd Girls.  *snicker, snicker* just love that title!  I have been browsing the DT's blogs and I have come across one by Asa that I wanted to lift.  You can find Asa's card here.  It was one that had you using kraft or white and 2 pops of color.  For my lift I used orange and green.
These papers are from the Stella and Rose collection from My Mind's Eye.  Have you been checking out the yummy papers coming out at CHA?  Definitely wish I lived close to that!!   
I know I have seen a lot of people use their copic inks to color ribbon and lace, today I used my YR-68 to color a white button.  I had some orange buttons but none of them were big enough to give me the pop I wanted so I colored a white one I had.  The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I am almost out! Might have to place another order soon.
There are 3 more days to play along in this challenge.  I wonder if I will get to visit some more blogs and lift a few more DT members?  
And here are the copics I used.  This is the first time I used these colors for hair.  E-99, 97, 95, and E-19.  What do you think?  
Now let's add this to some other challenges.
Allsorts challenge is Free and Easy.
Make it Colourful has color your embellishment. I colored my button.
Crafty Catz challenge has no pink or blue.
Art Impressions has stitching.
iCopic has color with pastels as it's challenge this week.


18 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

Your coloring is out of this world! Absolutely gorgeous!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is GORGEOUS - and oh my gosh - I just used this same paper for a card with SOG!! Great minds think alike!! Beautiful
Hugs,
M

Lori m said...

Brenda, wow, her big green eyes just glisten and her hair shimmers so pretty, amazing job.

Hugs, Lori m

Wordbird said...

Bren... this card is bright, happy and beautiful! You are so talented with those copics! Hugs! Diana

Mary said...

Awesome job on the hair and skin! Love those colors for the hair and your highlighting is perfect. Those papers really go well with her. Thanks for playing along with the Art Impressions challenge and your card is a great addition. Hope you win!

Craftdee said...

This is gorgeous, Bren...love your colours and the great Odd Girl image...you MADE me get a couple of my own, so now I'll have to go and have a looksie at their challenge, lol BTW, I didn't think your colouring could get any better...but this is sensational! Dee

Fleur said...

A lovely card & your colouring is awesome.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

lindyloo said...

Gorgeous card hun super colours thank you for playing along with us at the crafty catz linda x

Curly said...

Wow this is such a beautiful creation, fabulous colouring and the image is adorable,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 92 No Pink or Blue,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0) x

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Sooooo beautiful!!! Love everything about it!! You are such an awesome artist!!
Cheers!
G

Dana said...

Gorgeous as usual g/f!! I adore the whole color theme. You know what a fan I am of your coloring and this layout is drop dead gorgeous (it's going on pinterest as soon as I am done commenting!!) Your lace and stitching are just dreamy!! Thanks for joining the challenge at icopic too!
Hug a roos!
Dana

Suzanne said...

Your coloring is amazing! beautiful card!
Happy Monday!!(:

Anniebee said...

Hi, Bren! I love, love, love this card! These quirky little characters are pretty cute, aren't they? I don't have any of them but I see them all over Blogland. My ankles look just like hers tonight! I'm up very late, finishing a multi-day blog hop and thought I'd repay your visit to my blog from earlier today before I lay my head down for the night. Thanks so much for your sweet comments.

Hugs,
Anne B.

Star said...

Just lovely as always! Your are so talented...I always look forward to seeing one of your new creations pop up in my following list!

darcy48 said...

Lovely card I love those images so cute Arlinex

Gina K said...

Now, you know me, so you know that I am loving that lace and button. This is such a cute card, Bren!

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, the image is fabulous and the papers are lush

thanks for being free and easy with us this week at Allsorts and good luck in the prize draw

hugs

Amanda xx

Jeni said...

Totally gorgeous Bren!!! ~jeni :)