Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Color Challenge

It's Tuesday again ladies!!!  What does that mean? It is the Tuesday Color Challenge over at the Outlawz!!!
What great color scheme did we come up with this week you ask??  Celadon, lavendar, and white.  But wait, there is a twist.  February is February Frolics so every Tuesday this month there will be a twist.  This week the twist is to add dots.  Here is our inspiration:


And here is my card!!  Can I tell you, this one was a challenge to me.  Often I start with some yummy paper then pick my image.  Of course with a color challenge the colors are picked then I hope I can find the perfect paper, then the image.  Or I know what image I want to use, then pick the paper, color and put it all together.  My problem was I couldn't find paper I liked for these colors.  Here is what I came up with.
I can not tell you who makes this stamp set.  It is in my stash and I don't know what I did with the packaging.  Do you all do that?  Take stuff out and lose it on your desk? LOL.  I am afraid of what is under this magnificent pile of Valentine papers and Stamps and inks that are on my desk right now.  I did get to use my new nestie Lacy Circles though.  I may even call this card a CAS card!!  
As always thank you so much for stopping in.  I hope that you will join us over at the Color Challenge this week.  Or sometime this month.  I do believe there will be a RAK offered up this month.  And I might even have a Copic marker to add to it.  Whatta ya say?

8 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

beautiful card!!!

Dana said...

Love it!!! What a fun color challenge too!! I just picked up some sheer black with polka dot ribbon and now that I see your purple I think I MUST have it in every color!!! It looks so great with the swiss dot embossing folder!
Now I'm off to look at your posts since I was gone!
xx
Dana

Jen Leeflang said...

What an elegant creation, Brenda! That image is magnificent. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.
Jen Leeflang

Gina K said...

Love the embossing and that stamp is cool. And yes, you know that I am constantly removing stuff from the packaging, in my quest to organize!

Two Dogs and a Book said...

I love what you did for this challenge! That image is classy and the design for your card is too! You did fabulous!!
Cheers!
G

Sara I. said...

I really LOVE this card!!! So elegant and I am a huge polka dot lover!!! Really love the nestie and the beautiful ribbon - awesome job!!!

Teresa Kline said...

luv the texture and the sponging, great use of the colors...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Flooring Contractors Kenner said...

Great blog I enjoyed reaading