Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge

Wow, what a party we are having over at the Outlawz.  And the party is not over.  There is still some time to get your entries in.  Just not to our color challenge. That ended last night.  We had some awesome entries last week. Thanks to all of you that played along!!  Can't wait to see who wins all the prizes.  This week the challenge is a tough one!!  At least I think so!!!  Here is your color challenge inspiration picture!
Lime, charcoal, and white.  The twist is to add some bling.  Now I am on the design team and even I overlook the rules sometimes!!  I made my card, posted it to prepare for this week and realized I forgot the bling.  I added pearls for my bling.  I hope that counts as bling!!  I did a CAS card.  Clean and Simple!!  We have had people make comments that they didn't want to join the challenge cuz they didn't know how to color.  That would be a different challenge, LOL.  Ours is a Color Challenge in using color
 as our inspiration. 
I usually try to start out with paper, then go forward.  I found this paper, again from My Mind's Eye. You would think I had stock in the company as much as I have used it and mentioned it lately!!!
Then I used a stamp on charcoal colored cardstock.  I dug out my Zig Chalk Writers to make it pop a little, added my silver/grey ribbon and my pearls.
What do you think? Can you come up with an entry for Tuesday's Color Challenge? I bet you can, and I would love to see your take on this weeks challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I appreciate every single comment I get!  

8 comments:

Gina K said...

Love your sheer ribbon and the pearls turned out to be a great touch. I had to laugh at your commentary. I can't tell you how many times I've joined a challenge and forgot some specific rule. At least you could make yours work! And the pearls turned out to be a great addition. I love MME paper. Yummy stuff.

Tracy S said...

Great card Bren! Love the CAS design and that paper is yummy!

Dana said...

Adorable!! Haven't see an owl from you for awhile now ; )
Great take on the challenge and now I know your trick... you start with paper. I only wish I could be the far thinking.. lmbo! I just color then wing it from there. And you would be amazed at how little paper I have on hand. But then again, I am a digi hoarding queen!! I've got folders and folders full of digi papers!!
Hugs! (and look.. I got here before midnight!!!)
Dana

Anita said...

Simply perfect! I love the colors and the design of the card! :)

Meredith said...

such cute work! Love it.

I am awarding you the stylish blogger award! Go to my blog to check it out! www.memoriesbymeredith.blogspot.com

Kim Kelley said...

Love Love how your owl stands out against the green.

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Such a pretty card! Love all the negative space and that pp is awesome! Beautiful bow too!
Cheers!
G

An Infinite Daisy Chain said...

Hello mate great bloog