Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anita Be Stampin Challenge #8

I am so excited to share another Anita Be Stampin  card with you this week.  We had so many people hop along with us on Saturday.  It was so much fun.  We have a pretty simple sketch for you this week.  Sometimes the simple sketches are the hardest to work with!  I love to add all kinds of stuff to my cards, but a simple sketch is hard to make them look right.


 I ordered a Grand Nestie set this past week. It came in the mail yesterday, so when I got home from work I played! LOL, I have been wanting to get some of the larger nesties to make some shaped cards and so here you have it.
It is kind of hard to see on here but I used glossy accents on her barrette, on her eyes and her flower.  Glossy Accents are hard to photograph but look so awesome on a card.   I had some lace that perfectly matched this paper from My Mind's Eye.  Don't you love that plaid?  On the opposite side is airplanes.  I doubt I will ever use that side, but I love the plaid!  The Thinking of You stamp is from AmyR at All That Scraps.

The rest of the design team has some pretty amazing cards to show to you this week. I hope you will head on over to the Anita Be Stampin Challenge Blog and play along with this weeks Challenge.  Anita has some fun stuff up for grabs and I would love to see what you put together with this sketch.
I have 2 posts today so I hope you will scroll on down and see what we are doing over at the Outlawz this week.

8 comments:

Gina K said...

Sweet card, Bren. I love the way you used the big nestie to shape the card. How big are they, anyway? I wonder if they'd fit in my Sizzix??

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Lov ethe colors you used!!!

Dana said...

Woo hoo!! So glad to see you already playing with your new toys! This turned out so gorgeous!!
Love it chica!!
xx
Dana

Jacilynn said...

adorable! love this shaped card. super

Tracy S said...

Love the shaped card. How did you do that? I have always wondered. Love the paper and colors you used. That lace is perfect.

hilde janbroers said...

love your card!

jonim52 said...

Love your card and the trim is perfect! Lovely color choice!

Pryn said...

FABULOUS card Bren!!! I love the Glossy Accents you added! You can definitely see it in the pics and it looks awesome!!!

Hmmm...I am really digging that nestie...I guess I may "need" a Grand Cailbur after all ;)

Hugs to you!!!