Friday, November 18, 2011

Baby Shower with the Cricut

Last Saturday we were able to Bless my daughter Katie and her husband Adam with a Baby Shower.  My daughter Danelle, Adam's mom Tina and I planned a baby shower with their baby room theme in mind.  The theme is Knights and Dragons.  Well, knights and dragons is just not a theme that you can find anywhere.  So, I got out my Cricut and my Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge.  Silly me, I don't have a pic of the invites.  And to be honest, time got away from me and not everyone got one!!  Gotta love Facebook events!!  We had over 40 people at the shower and believe me, Bryar was blessed.   Here are a few pics from the shower.


For the Knights and Dragons theme I went with shields. We used all black and silver tablecloths, napkins, plates, etc.   I hung the banner with black and white twine and mini clothespins. 


I made a pile of mini shields and stamped each one with a B.


These cupcakes are so YUMMO!!  Who likes coffee????  Well, you all know that I do. 

1. I took a chocolate cake mix and replaced most of the water in the recipe with coffee and a some Kahlua coffee syrup. 
2. I then folded some of the Kahlua syrup into some cool whip and used a tip to put the cream into the center of the cupcake when it cooled. 
3. I made a chocolate buttercream frosting and added coffee to it.  
4. Sprinkle on some toffee Heath bits.
Overkill, nah!!


Wish I could say that I made that cool shield for Bryar's wall with my Cricut.  but no, my daughter Danelle had that made for him.  How cool is that?!!   Baby Bryar was gifted with so many fabulous gifts, so many fabulous handmade items, I was blown away.  This quilt was made by his great grandmother.


And a pic of both of my pregnant daughters.  I will be blessed with 2 more grandsons, bringing the count to 4 and 4.  We are so blessed. 


My daughter Danelle is my fabulous photographer, and here are a couple of my fave pregnancy photos of Katie and Adam. 


Isn't this T-shirt the greatest?  A gift from his mom. I love it!!


And there she is.  


Now, just a note:  I was so busy working on this shower that I skipped out on Guylou's Christmas with a Wreath Challenge this week.  You will want to head on over to the Challenge and check it out. I know she has some new images to play with. 





10 comments:

Star said...

Oh, Bren, this is so fabulous! Little Bryer is just blessed to have such a loving and caring family. Congrats to you (and your family) for all the new additions! =D

Trina said...

If I ever get around to birthing a baby, I'm calling Auntie Bren to help with the shower! ;D

Tracy S said...

awwee great pics and I love the theme.. so original. Thanks for sharing with us and your projects are fab... you are so creative girl.
and lol I agree with Trina.

Craftdee said...

Thanks for sharing some of your special family times with us... great baby shower (and you know just how jealous I am don't you?? 8 grandbabies is just greedy, lol) I love that T shirt, if my son ever gets to be a daddy I've got to get him one! Glad you've been busy, I was getting a little worried with you being MIA!! Dee (oh, that's "Donna" now after a very unpleasant mix up of "Dees") xx

Lynne Armstrong said...

This is a fabulous set-up Bren....how lucky are those little babies to have you as their grandma :) Great theme for a boy....love dad's T-shirt lol And now I want to go and make some of those yummo looking coffee cupcakes. GREAT job all round!!
Hugs xx
PS LOL @ Trina :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shower and how lucky to have two new additions on the way. Congrats to all on your soon to be blessings. Hugs, Lori m

Wordbird said...

Wow Bren, this looks like a great baby shower! Your description of those cupcakes have me craving one (or 2) hee-hee
What a cute theme they have chosen for the baby's room. I love that!
Baby Bren and his cousins sure do have a sweet and loving grandma!
Hugs, dianaQ

Anonymous said...

Stopping by with Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday wishes to you and your family. Hugs, Lori m

Jennifer said...

Wow! Bren congrats!!!! I love baby stuff :) More to love and scrapbook! Projects galore for you : ) How exciting!!!!

Blogger said...

Ever wanted to get free YouTube Views?
Did you know that you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & TOTALLY FOR FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?