Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thank you ~ You're a Star Challenge

It is time for another challenge over at Guylou's inimitability.   Our Challenge for the next two weeks is to make a thank you card with a twist.  The twist is there must be a star on it somewhere.  Whether it be an embellishment, a stamp, a digistamp, or the paper that you use we are looking for a star somewhere on your project.  For my card I used Breakfast.
This image reminded me of the red and white enamelware that you can still find at antique stores.  The paper is from DCWV kitchen stack.  It reminded me of a shabby chic table cloth. 
The star that I used is a button on the sheer ribbon bow and the Thanks sentiment that I got from the Cutting Cafe.   It is from the same file I used earlier this week called With Gratitude.  I cut it out with a small circle nestie and threaded some brown twine through it.  And of course the copics I used for this project:
Now don't forget to check out the other design team inspirations over on the Challenge Blog.  I hope you can find some time to join with us on this challenge. We always have so much to be thankful for!!

You have until 10:00pm on September 29th to link your project to the InLinkz at the end of this post. Please make sure your project matches the requirements before you link it. 

7 comments:

Trina said...

Love your paper choices and that sentiment tag!

Dana said...

Great card!! I love your sentiments from The Cutting Cafe!! Gorgeous coloring, papers and design : )
Hugs chica xx
Dana

Sara I. said...

Gorgeous papers and love the colors you chose! Beautiful sentiment tag ;)

Gina K said...

As always, a great card with fabulous coloring. I love your stitching and that bow. Now that you mention it, it does look like enamelware!

Craftdee said...

Lovely fresh looking card, Brenda. Great sentiment too, Dee

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Bren... You are unbelievably talented!! Wow! This card is gorgeous!!! Love the pp and the way you colored this image!!! Fab! Fab! Fab!
Cheers!
G

Kim Kelley said...

Love how this turned out Bren! The colors look fantastic together! Sorry so late posting...computer issues! HUGS