Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Playing and a Copic Journal

Are you getting to do something crafty today?  My husband went off to a bow shoot today so I got some laundry in, a load in the dishwasher, vacuumed the floors and headed into my scraproom.  Not sure I should keep calling it a Scraproom as I rarely scrap anymore.  My passion has become card-making.  I have recently invested in a bind it all machine though and my plan is to start doing some mini albums for the grand babies.   So maybe I will keep referring to it as that for now!!!  Anywhoooo, as I said I got to play a bit this morning.  I have been working on a project for ME!!!  I am pretty excited about that really, as I am usually making a card for someone else.  Have you heard of Pinterest?  Dana got me started on it recently, it is a type of bookmarking however, you get to put them on your board and you can find things easily.  I am loving it.  Recently I found this project and "pinned" it so I could go back and find it.  It is a Copic Marker Journal.  Well her journal led me to Copic Munkies where you can download all the PDF files for this journal.  Now all that being said I am excited to show you my creation.  I wanted to make this journal to take with me to my Copic Certification Class next weekend.  I am beyond excited to go.
I started with some of my favorite papers by My Mind's Eye.  These are from the Stella Rose collection. I love the aqua and brown colors in this line.  Don't you just love this image from Some Odd Girl?  You all know how I love my coffee, so when I was browsing through their digital images I couldn't resist these images called Going Out for Coffee.   This one is Coffee Mae.  I thought she was fitting for the front of my journal. 
I recently won a prize package over at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I was super excited to win.  With it I won this ribbon and a package of Glubers.  I made this flower with it and some of the ribbon from the May package that I received.  The metal sentiment is from Making Memories.  The little create charm is from CTMH.
On the inside cover I made a pocket with the Labels One Grand Nestie Die.  I sewed 2 together to make a pocket for some extra images.  I plan on taking some to the class and I am always coloring some up for the next project. 
There are 4 sections.  The first is for my Copic Inventory. I mark the Ciaos with a C and the Re-inkers I have with an R.
The next section is Hair and Skin.  I have just started my book so only have one page colored in.  I had to get at least one done before I posted my project!!
And some pages.
I love these Some Odd Girl Images for coloring hair and skin.  They are just so much fun.  
The next section is Color Combos.  
We all have some favorites.  I have just begun, but started with 2 of my favorite Red combos. I will be filling this section up, believe me!!!
The next section is Marker Families
I haven't started this section yet.  I will though!!

Here is what the back looks like.  And a close ups of the front.  Hard to see but I used glossy accents on her eyes, her headband, and her coffee cup.
Thanks so much for bearing with me for all these photos.  I am really looking forward to playing with my journal and I really hope you were inspired as well.  Thanks again for stopping by, wish I could put a pot of coffee on and we could sit and chat a while!


I am entering this at the Wee Memories~ Anything goes Challenge.
Frosted Designs has use stitching on your project. I did that with the inside envelope.
At Joyful stamper~Inspire me Fridays~Anything Goes
Moving Along with the times~Anything other then a card
Papertake weekly challenge is Anything Goes.


26 comments:

Trina said...

Very awesome project! I'll be looking for mine in the mail over the next couple of weeks... :) I downloaded the inside pages at the beg of the year, so no need to put those in my journal, Brenda!

Seriously, quite awesome. Love the papers and embellishments you used.

Sara I. said...

Wow Bren - this is phenomenal!!! LOVE the way your project came out and those gorgeous MME papers...really cool idea - I'll have to do that or maybe pay you to do mine ;) Fab job gf! ~hugs

Kim Kelley said...

You have such talent! Love how this turned out! Hope you have a blast with your copic class. I am starting on online on the 14th.

Karyn S said...

wowee, what a fabulous idea. you could even use something similar for Prismacolors or distress inks. I love the colour scheme and design of your booklet - very special! thanks for sharing.

Gina K said...

Bren, I am in LOVE with this!!! I want one, I want one, I want one. How fabulous. I think it's such a cool idea to have all of this together in one journal. I love your cover, too. It's so you! Did I mention that I want one?!? LOL

Have fun with your class, girlie. I know you'll have a blast.

Lynne Armstrong said...

Oh wow Bren, this is fabulous...LOVE it. I'm ashamed to say I've had the PDFs for aaaaaages and haven't done mine yet :( You've really inspired me to make the effort to start now...yours has turned out gorgeous :)
Hugs xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW What a fantastic idea.....I've got a note book with all mine in, but might just have to do that, thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Cely said...

this is the coolest thing ever!!! love all the papers and digis you used and i just can't believe the organization!!!! awesome job!

Craftdee said...

This is fabulous!! I love the whole concept, your papers and colouring are great - as always! They really are fantastic images to colour, aren't they? Hope you enjoy your Certification course, Dee

Dana said...

You're my hero!! I love this! Making one of these has been on my "to do" list for quite some time. Yours is stunning! Man.. I need a bind it all! We'll talk!
xx
Dana

Pami said...

Oh Brenda this is an amazing project, I love this idea, You have given me the inspiration to do something like this myself. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Crystal said...

OMGGGGGGG what a GREAT project, WOWEEEE I SOOOO LOVE everything about this Bren!!!! Truly FABULOUS!

Unknown said...

This is an amazing project. Such a wonderful idea. I need to make a book for all my inks. Awesome! Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea...Love it!!!

Very clever. I would say that you like to be organized
Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs.

I look forward to more of your amazing work

Amanda

Tracy S said...

This IS an awesome project. I love the look of it but also the idea of it. Super cute! I am excited for you to be able to go take the certification class!!

Ann said...

Beautiful journal Brenda ~ you're inspiring me!!! Love the gorgeous coloring, creativity and organization. <3

Amy said...

Bren, this is AWESOME!! Wow, when my Copic collection is bigger I am definitely going to copy cat you and make a Copic journal!! These would be SO helpful for someone who is brand new at Copics like me!!

Roxann said...

Wow, Brenda, just WOW!

Jane H said...

Wow Brenda you have me wanting to do an awesome journal instead of my notbook! thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am sitting here in awe of your organization. This journal is so cool and I love the digi on front for it is really you! I am totally inspired!! Your paper and coloring are off the wall g/f! Entire book is awesome!

Star said...

Oh my goodness, this is just SO FAB! What a book! Want to make me one, too? =) LOL! That is just amazing. Also....Copic certification? Do you know how freakin' jealous I am?!? I would LOVE to do that. Have so much fun!!!

((hugs))
Star

kissinia said...

Stunning Project! Well done. Congrats on RRR win. Many thanks for joining Frosted designs Challenge this week! Hugs, Kissinia

Cor* said...

beautiful creation. I saw it over at the MAWTT challenge & had to come check it out! Well done. Those ODDIES are pretty! Your decorating is fantastic.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, this is so AWESOME! TFS it and thanks so much for playing with us at Wee Memories. :)

Anonymous said...

Hospital India Provoke has merit India. Excepting [url=http://gucci-outlet-bags.net]fake gucci bags[/url] alongside deft portal at hand India keester Oncology Opiate India. Explore: - www. hospitalindiahelp. com/
Low Onus OptionsBefore help process, you B choices. narcotic methods are goad provided, come choices of manner is finished. desolate research, you may fright your nearly this label be worthwhile for company.
Surely, contest is keep company with customer (patient) is bonus has to you be expeditious for variant she is tired, she has around or unite effects. This places pressure choices alongside surgical anaesthetize therapy. Unaccompanied physicians mix exercising melodramatic operations.
Surely, action is execute (patient) is unvaried has consent you widely she is tired, she has at the end of the day or friend effects. This places aggregate choices eradicate affect surgical narcotize therapy. bash physicians around exercising histrionic operations.
LOW-COST Factitious SURGERYThere is direction methods is an genus or accelerate process. unconventional sufferers tolerate they implement boobies augmentations, facelifts, reconcile oneself to tucks. Band does more dearly you wipe care? Rump you instil choices nearly your ban area? Nigh is with an increment of accusation comes identifiable features.