Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Outlawz Tuesday Challenge

Today is the day for the Outlawz second Tuesday Color Challenge.  The fabulous color scheme for this week is Brown and Pink.  Here is your inspiration:
I had a lot of fun with these colors.  They are some of my favorite!!  Pink of course is just about the perfect color in the world!!  LOL.  Brown is just perfect with it!!  Here is my card to go with this inspiration.
Don't you just love these yummy papers by Bo Bunny?  I love the pink and brown polka dots!  The Magnolia is from the Valentine collection 2 years ago.  I still love pulling her out!!  I got my first order of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.
I was worried about ordering from another country, but these came in 10 days flat. Not 10 business days, but 10 days.  Plus the price on these flowers is so amazing.  Have you ever gone to the craft store and bought flowers?  The price is out of this world.  These were not.  I have a new love!!!
I am also going to add this to the challenge over at wild orchid challenge blog.  The Challenge is lets get sentimental.  The Sentiment can be found over at All That Scraps,  It is from AmyR  All about love sentiments.  This ribbon was on a robe that I got for Christmas from my youngest Katie and her husband Adam.  I know you will get this," I love this robe, and what great ribbon it is wrapped in!!"  LOL, save mom the ribbon!!!
Super easy on the inside.  I didn't get a picture of my copics.  
What do you think of that black hair?  This is the first that it came out good enough to put on a card!! 
The pinks used are the R-89,85,83,81
hair: C-01,03,05,07
Skirt E-50,51,53
envelope:E-33,30

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure you come on over and join us for the color challenge.  

14 comments:

Guylou said...

You did a superb job on the colour challenge. Your sample card is gorgeous! Just love how you coloured that super cute Magnolia!! Well done!
Hugs!
G

Jacilynn said...

love this sweet image. Great card. I love how you decorated the inside too.
:)

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful card! Pink and brown is my favorite color combo :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Pink is perfect! And paired with with brown - really awesome. Gorgeous card!

Sara I. said...

Wow, wow, wow Bren!!! Im super amazed at the black hair - it looks fabulous!! And I too love the Bo Bunny line - it all looks amazing right down to the polka dot ribbon!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

What a sweet and beautiful card hun. I love what you have created with this image and the pretty papers.
Hope you have had a great start in the new week.
Thank you for seeing me today.
Love and hugs
Claudia

Amy said...

Thanks for the lovins on my blog!! This card is gorgeous and the black hair looks fantastic! One of my favorite color combos too!

cebelica said...

Gorgeous card. I also love combination of pink and brown. I think you did a great job with this card. I love the composition, flowers and ribbon.

hilde janbroers said...

gorgeous!!! love the card!

Kim Kelley said...

I am sooo jealous! Just looking through your blog you are one heck of a talented lady. Rather than repeat myself on each post I will put it all right here. Your cards are absolutely marvelous dahhhhling! I love seeing what you do on your projects! You are inspiring!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

thanks hun!

Diana Queen said...

This is a beautiful card! Inside and out. ;D And look at that gorgeous coloring... Wow! ;D

Jane said...

Bren:

wanted to let you know how much I totally love this card. Your little Tilda is so adorable! Here hair is perfect!!!!!!

dale said...

Superb job on the color challenge. Amazing how much you took from your inspiration and used on the card. Perfect!!!